Accommodation in George
Finding George Accommodation
All Your George Info
There's a lot about this growing and thriving city that many South Africans are not aware of, especially when you're just after the cheapest accommodation in George through AirBnB. Did you know that George is the second largest city in the Western Cape? It's not only a popular holiday and conference centre, but the business and commercial trade makes it the capital city of the Garden Route. That's important to know, because it means that if you're looking for a place to stay, you have a wide variety of options, from bed and breakfasts to guesthouses and hotels, there's not shortage of accommodation special in George.
Our city sits about halfway between Cape Town and Port Elizabeth, backed by the northern Outeniqua Mountains and bordered by the southern Indian Ocean, giving it a diverse landscape to explore and discover.
Things to Do in George
Below is a brief list of things to do in George, but there is much more to explore in the Garden Route.
- George has five International standard golf courses.
- Visit the long, white Wilderness beach, or the cosy and safe Victoria Bay.
- Pick juicy strawberries, take the kids for a pony ride, explore the maze and enjoy a cup of tea here (+27 44 870 7123).
- Relax on a trip through the Outeniqua Mountains in the railway's power van (+27 82 490 5627).
- George Museum (+27 44 873 5343)
- Railway Museum (+27 44 801 8289)
- Sedgefield Market on Saturdays between 7.30am and 2pm.
- George Market on Saturdays between 7.30am and 2pm.
Breweries & Wine Estates
- Misty Meadows Brewery (+27 82 775 5209)
- Robertson Brewery (+27 44 874 3412)
- Herold Wines (+27 72 833 8223)
The Botanical Gardens
- Take a casual stroll through the Garden Route Botanical Gardens. Be sure to visit the Herbrarium and Medicinal mound, if you like that kind of thing.
- Rondevlei Bird Hide between Wilderness and Sedgefield.
- Malachite Bird Hide at Langvlei between Wilderness and Sedgefield.
George Golf Clubs
There are a lot of golf clubs in George, widely regarded as the mecca of golf in South Africa. Below you can find a list of golf clubs available to play in George, all within a short drive from 28 on Caledon guesthouse:
- Kingswood Golf Estate
- Fancourt Country Club
- George Golf Club
- Golfers Club
- The Links
- Glenwood Short Golf Course
- Oubaai Golf Course
- Dolphin's Creek Golf Estate
- Pinnacle Point Golf Club
- Pezula Championship Golf Course
- Sedge Links Golf Course
- Albertinia Golf Club
Average Weather in George, South Africa
George has an oceanic climate, with warm summers, and mild to chilly winters. It is one of the highest rainfall regions in South Africa. Most rain falls in the winter and spring months, brought by the humid sea winds from the Indian Ocean.
Read more about weather in George, South Africa.