Explore the Garden Route
Nestled at the foot of the Outeniqua mountains, 28 on Caledon rests in George in the Garden Route region of South Africa. The Garden Route, together with the Little Karoo, offers a range of exciting and unique experiences. Long beaches, mountains, fynbos, indigenous forests, rolling farmlands and a diverse culture. It is a grand setting for your awaited trip.
Activities around the Garden Route
- George has five International standard golf courses: Outeniqua & Montague at Fancourt Estate, Oubaai Club, Kingswood Club and George Club.
- There are also two Mashie courses: Glenwood and Three Chameleons.
- George is considered to be the Mecca of golf in South Africa.
- Visit the long, white Wilderness beach, or the cosy and safe Victoria Bay.
- We can direct you to the best option, based on weather conditions and your preference.
- Pick juicy strawberries, take the kids for a pony ride, explore the maze and enjoy a cup of tea here (+27 44 870 7123).
- Relax on a trip through the Outeniqua Mountains in the railway's power van (+27 82 490 5627).
- George Museum (+27 44 873 5343)
- Railway Museum (+27 44 801 8289)
- Sedgefield Market on Saturdays between 7.30am and 2pm.
- George Market on Saturdays between 7.30am and 2pm.
- We will direct you to whichever market you prefer to visit.
Breweries & Wine Estates
- Misty Meadows Brewery (+27 82 775 5209)
- Robertson Brewery (+27 44 874 3412)
- Herold Wines (+27 72 833 8223)
The Botanical Gardens
- Take a casual stroll through the Garden Route Botanical Gardens.
- Be sure to visit the Herbrarium and Medicinal mound, if you like that kind of thing.
- Rondevlei Bird Hide between Wilderness and Sedgefield.
- Malachite Bird Hide at Langvlei between Wilderness and Sedgefield.
Restaurants in George
La Capannina (Italian)
- 121 York Street.
- Phone: +27 44 874 5313
- Caledon Square, Lifestyle Emporium
- Phone: +27 44 873 0780
- Italian chain with a lovely outdoor area that is kid friendly
Kafe Serefe (Turkish)
- 60 Courtney Street
- Phone: +27 44 884 1012
- Authentic Turkish and Middle-Eastern cuisine
The Kingfisher (seafood)
- 1 Courtney Street
- Phone: +27 44 873 3127
- Seafood specialists
The Fat Fish (seafood)
- 124a York Street
- Phone: +27 44 874 7803
Bay Leaf Cafe (cafe)
- 24 Cathedral Street
- Phone: +27 44 873 4422
- Great for a mid-monring snack or a light lunch
Travel Bugs (cafe)
- York Street
- Phone:+27 44 873 2009
- A favourite for breakfast or brunch
COYOTE CACTUS (pub)
- 29 Courtenay Street
- Phone: +27 44 874 7805
- The later the better
Beans about Coffee (cafe)
- 117 York Street
- Phone: +27 44 813 5012
- Best barista in town